Working with Parents who have Cognitive Limitations
One million U.S. households are headed by parents who have cognitive challenges. This evidence-based curriculum provides guidance to teachers, nurses and social service providers in working with parents who have cognitive limitations.
This research-based program shows teachers, nurses and social service providers how to:
• Recognize when parents might have cognitive limitations.
• Develop respectful relationships with parents.
• Communicate effectively with parents.
• Maximize beneficial conditions for the parents’ children.
This program includes a viewer's guide and three video modules on DVD:
- Teachers Supporting Student Learning (25 min.)
- Nurses Supporting Access to Health Care (27 min.)
- Social Service Providers Supporting Families (27 min.)
Total: 79 minutes
- Links to online resources, printable posters, and a printable visual prescription form are also included in the viewer's guide