Walk Your Way to Fitness: Walk, Workout, Be Active for People with Intellectual Disabilities
This award-winning 3-disc course is perfect for teens and adults who have intellectual disabilities and want to start a walking and fitness program. They learn how to avoid exercise barriers, encourage progress, make lifestyle changes, use pedometers and set & meet lifestyle goals.
Disc 1. Join a diverse group of beginning walkers as they learn to become fit and active.
Nine short video lessons:
• Getting Started
• Good Step Counter Habits
• Exercise Barriers & Benefits
• Brainstorming Ways to Be Active
• Being Active & Setting Goals
• Encouraging Progress & Meeting Goals
• Getting Around Barriers & Staying Positive
• Attitude Traps & Self Talk
• Making Lasting Changes
Disc 2. Nine beginner and intermediate workout routines for walking, strength, flexibility, and dancing. (This disc is also sold separately for people who want just the workouts.
- 3 Walk Workouts - Easy-to-follow moves and low-impact cardio sections
- 3 Strength & Flexibility Workouts - Yoga standing and floor workouts
- 3 Dance Workouts - Basic moves you can take to the dance floor
Disc 3. CD-ROM with 80 printable activity pages. Includes information for support staff and parents about providing support and encouragement. .Each colorful page provides fun activities that follow the lessons and workouts. Open the PDF files, print the pages, and assemble your own personalized activity book.
Total video runtime: 4 ½ hours