RTI and Behavior - A Guide to Integrating Behavioral and Academic Supports
It's a fact! Better behavior means better learning. In this one-of-a-kind book, four national experts on RTI show you how to merge the elements of PBIS with the RTI model to create a broader framework of service delivery that improves students' behavioral and academic outcomes.
You learn specific interventions that are legally sound and real-world applicable, complete with scripts that guide you through implementation. Plus you discover:
- Pre-planning strategies to avoid common problems
- Universal screening procedures to identify and assist students before their problems escalate
- How to apply select evidence-based support practices in a three-tiered model of behavioral support
- When to maintain, modify, intensify or stop interventions, and when to enter or exit students from each tier
- How to integrate academic and behavioral supports in an RTI team context, and how it has worked in a real school district
What's more, you'll be confident when evaluating whether supports are implemented as planned, using the included model forms, charts and procedures for assessing intervention appropriateness and fidelity.